Craft Beer and Real Ale
The craft beer revolution has transformed the consumer’s attitude towards beer across the world. Interest in quality beer continues to grow and there is considerable potential for the trade to exploit that growth. We have a background in IT and can help breweries and pub companies to develop exciting online events to do just that.
The Cask Report stated that “cask ale is resilient and vital for successful pubs” and that “82% of licensees say their cask ale sales are in growth”. The report also highlighted the importance of staff training and licensees being knowledgeable about cask. The pandemic has changed much of this, but support and training are vital to ensure a rapid recovery. Second best is not going to be good enough.
The Beer Consultancy team has the experience and knowledge to deliver training and support to brewers, publicans and staff. We provide pragmatic advice and a delivery plan that can be put into action and deliver results straight away.
We offer a range of beer-related services for both breweries and pubs that provide all the essential elements you need in order to make the most from the craft beer revolution. As well as delivering workshops and training, our team consists of capable and entertaining keynote speakers. We also run virtual tours and beer tastings for breweries.
- Beer Debate at the Great British Beer FestivalI am delighted to be Master of Ceremonies at the Great British Beer Festival Beer Debate. On the panel will be Sophie de Ronde, Head… Continue reading Beer Debate at the Great British Beer Festival
- Woodcote Brewery TourJoin us for a virtual tour of Woodcote Brewing’s new brewery and a tasting of their beers. Held in conjunction with Redditch & Bromsgrove branch… Continue reading Woodcote Brewery Tour
- What’s Wrong With My Beer?If you drink in pubs, it is likely that you have had a beer that you were unhappy with. It may have looked or tasted… Continue reading What’s Wrong With My Beer?
- Avoncroft Museum Fest-Of-AleAvoncroft Museum in Bromsgrove invited the Beer Consultancy to manage their first ever Fest-Of-Ale on Saturday 16th November 2019. Held in the historic 14th Century… Continue reading Avoncroft Museum Fest-Of-Ale
- Pump Clips – Send the right messageThink about the last time you bought something that gave you pleasure. Steady now! I am thinking about a really nice meal, a fancy… Continue reading Pump Clips – Send the right message
- We are in the Brewers JournalRead our article in the Brewers Journal on the importance of training in the on trade
- The Birmingham Beer DebateHear about beer – Learn about beer – Ask about beer About this Event We have a panel of the UK’s best beer experts and… Continue reading The Birmingham Beer Debate
- Say hello at Bromsgrove Beer & Cider FestivalWe will be proudly sponsoring the trade session at Bromsgrove Beer & Cider Festival 2019 and running two behind the scenes tours for members of… Continue reading Say hello at Bromsgrove Beer & Cider Festival
- A blog about pub toilets? Are you taking the P?Well, the one facility in a pub which is guaranteed to be used by the customer is the toilet. So, does it matter what the… Continue reading A blog about pub toilets? Are you taking the P?
- Conditioning Cask BeerUnderstanding beer conditioning is vital for your cellar manager and it makes sense for your bar team to be aware of this important process too.… Continue reading Conditioning Cask Beer
- Getting the most from a stocktake“Oh no, I have to be up early for the stocktake tomorrow!” – a familiar cry heard from many a licensee. None of us really… Continue reading Getting the most from a stocktake
- Duncan joins the teamFormer licensee and brewing business manager Duncan Ward has joined the Beer Consultancy team. Duncan’s first pub in Norwich earned inclusion into CAMRA’s Good Beer… Continue reading Duncan joins the team
- Get your numbers rightThere are lots of reasons why you might consider putting on an extra beer in your pub. After all, it makes sense to give your… Continue reading Get your numbers right
- Bromsgrove Beer Festival Trade eventOne of Worcestershire’s biggest beer and cider festivals opened it’s doors on a warm June evening. The event was run by Redditch and Bromsgrove branch… Continue reading Bromsgrove Beer Festival Trade event
- Sell more beer!A licensee attending one of the ‘Day of Beer’ training days I was running at Wye Valley Brewery came up to me at lunchtime and… Continue reading Sell more beer!
- Black Country Ales learns “All About Beer”Beerconsultancy.co.uk has been delivering its “All About Beer” training programme to West Midlands Pub Company “Black Country Ales“. With a growing estate of over 30… Continue reading Black Country Ales learns “All About Beer”
- Beer Consultancy joins the Cellar Craft teamI am delighted to announce that I have joined the prestigious Cellar Craft Team. CellarCraft is a resource for pub landlords and managers aimed at promoting high… Continue reading Beer Consultancy joins the Cellar Craft team
- Beer sales drop – So why cask?The BBPA beer barometer shows that beer sales in the first quarter of 2018 were down nearly 2% and that last year’s rise in duty was… Continue reading Beer sales drop – So why cask?
- Wye Valley Brewery and Beer Consultancy team upBrett Laniosh Beer Consultancy has teamed up with Herefordshire family brewery Wye Valley to provide a programme of support and training for licensees and bar… Continue reading Wye Valley Brewery and Beer Consultancy team up
- Bringing beer to the ArtrixReal ale finally came to Bromsgrove’s Artrix Theatre in February 2018. For the first time since the popular venue opened in 2005, visitors were able… Continue reading Bringing beer to the Artrix
- Wildmoor Oak staff are beer trainedStaff at the Wildmoor Oak in Bromsgrove completed their All About Beer training on February 4th. The two hour course covered how beer is made,… Continue reading Wildmoor Oak staff are beer trained
- Quality and ValueWhen it comes to understanding the needs of your customers, it pays to know the relationship between quality and value. Your assumptions about pricing your… Continue reading Quality and Value
- Have you been scored?If a customer tells you that your beer has scored a 2, would you know what that means? Is is good or bad? A lot… Continue reading Have you been scored?
- Beer School at HobsonsHobsons Brewery teamed up with a former CAMRA National Director to create “Beer School”, a training programme for licensees and bar staff looking to improve… Continue reading Beer School at Hobsons
- West Midlands Pub of the Year announcedThe 2018 guide was launched at the newly crowned West Midlands Pub of the Year, Weavers Real Ale House in Kidderminster on September 14. Beer… Continue reading West Midlands Pub of the Year announced
- Double celebration for the LadybirdStaff at a Bromsgrove pub recently enjoyed a double celebration, following two successful outcomes for their business. In August bar staff at The Ladybird Inn,… Continue reading Double celebration for the Ladybird