Practical advice and training carried out in your premises by an experienced trainer.
Both informative and entertaining, All About Beer is the perfect way to bring your staff team up to speed on all aspects of beer. It provides valuable advice which can be put into action to achieve results straight away.
Select from the following
- Basics – What is beer, styles of beer, what goes into it and how it is made.
- Dispense – Cask and craft, keg, bottled and canned beer.
- Looking after cask beer – Setting up, tapping, venting, extractors and conditioning.
- How to be an award winning pub – Including beer scoring and how pubs get into the Good Beer Guide.
- Looking after customers – Effective marketing and how to engage with your drinkers.
- Beer range – Permanent and guest beers, which beers to have on the bar, getting the numbers right.
- Cellar basics – Getting your engine room right including hygiene and line cleaning.
- Events – Running a beer festival or food pairing event.
- Takes place in your pub, usually from 9am to 11am
- Results in a delivery plan that you can use to save money and increase sales
- You will receive a certificate of completion
- Includes optional assessment and certificates for you and your staff
“We partnered with Brett to present a half day workshop to our Publicans. He was a pleasure to work with through the process of organising the workshop, and the delivery was excellent and engaging. Brett has a very good knowledge of the Beer and Pub industry which showed through on the day.”
David Pawson, Head of External PR & Communications, Punch Taverns
“On the course that Brett ran there were staff that knew very little about real ale and some that knew more. We all walked away from it with having learnt something. Brett came across very enthusiastic and gave us a great insight. As the manager, I have noticed how the staff are all much more confident in talking about ales and giving tasters. I would highly recommend this course to all pubs.” Kate Byng, The Ladybird Inn, Bromsgrove
“The All About Beer training was really valuable to us. Our staff enjoyed the course which was delivered in a lively and entertaining way. As a result of the training, we are now all able to talk to our customers about beer and have the inside knowledge to ensure that our beer is perfect helping us to drive footfall and increase wet sales. Our staff completed and passed the assessment and received their certificates which they greatly appreciated. I have no hesitation in recommending Brett’s training to licensees and staff who wish to find out more about beer.” Lorenzo Richards, The Wildmoor Oak, Bromsgrove